What is it like being the eldest sister of three? Episode 67

What is it like being the eldest sister of three?

Being the eldest out of three has made my life very difficult yet exciting. I'm not sure if it's normal to be so close to your younger siblings, but I practically raised my youngest sister, who is 11 years younger than me, and the middle is like my best friend, who I hate half of the time. It certainly gives me lots of privileges being the eldest, and I love the feeling of superiority, but with great power comes great responsibility. It is very tiring and unfair to see my sisters being able to do things that I had to wait until I got older to do, like sleepovers, and it's extremely annoying to have to watch my words around the kids, and having to share, despite my greedy personality. It also never fails to amaze me that the most intense fights that I have with my sisters are because of the most trivial matters. Due to being the oldest, my parents expect so much of me and I have to sacrifice many things for them, like wasting my precious time to go pick up my sister from school. Despite the many drawbacks of having annoying younger siblings and contrary to my outside cold demeanor saying that I hate my sisters, I still love being the oldest and they make my life so much more colorful and bright (most of the time).

Sophia Shin (Junior) from Yongsan International School of Seoul









Email YOUR story to youthleadersinternational@gmail.com with your name, grade, school, and country for a chance to get published on our blog!



Comments