Has senioritis hit you yet and what motivates you to keep going despite it? Episode 94


“I don’t think senioritis has kicked in yet for me. There are definitely days that I don’t want to get out of bed and would rather stay home and cook. However, my classes this year such as AP US Government and AP Art are a lot of fun and are giving me a little something to look forward to each day. What ultimately motivates me are my parents and a future college education. I’m a first generation student whose parents unfortunately didn’t have the opportunity to earn a four-year degree. Their past made them realize that if they couldn’t get a college education, then their 4 daughters must. Their journey in the States hasn’t been easy but they’ve persisted through challenges so that they could send all four daughters to college. They’ve been successful with two, so only two more to go! I’ve realized that me going to college is in a way repaying my parents back for all that they’ve done for me. I’m fulfilling a dream that they once had. So, this is why I get up everyday and go to school. It’s my duty to make the most out of the public education system.”



Rachel Jeong (Senior) of Chantilly High School







Email YOUR story to youthleadersinternational@gmail.com with your name, grade, school, and country for a chance to get published on our blog!






Comments