Best or Worst Thing of Being a Student [Season 4: Best or Worst Thing - Ep2: Bentley Sky Choi]

"I think the biggest advantage that I get as a student is “student discount.” For example, when I take a bus with a student discount card, I get to pay only 720 won and costs 80 won when I transfer, but adults have to pay 1200 won and 150 won each time when they transfer. Student discount not only applies when I take public transportation but also applies at amusement parks or some restaurants.
Although there are advantages as being a student, I also think there are quite many disadvantages. First of all, the time we spend at school is too long which is ineffective. By going to school, we receive standardized education and cannot receive the education that we truly want to get. There can be students who wants to passionately study computer science or biology, but they can’t actually receive the appropriate education they wish to be taught, but solely following the systems. Also, people who dropped out of school to follow their true dreams against from standardized systems receive negative views along with the thought that they have done something bad or did not follow the rules diligently. Therefore, I think the restriction of freedom from school is the biggest disadvantage of being a student."

Bentley Sky Choi(Sophomore) of Hankuk Academy of Foreign Studies





Email YOUR story to youthleadersinternational@gmail.com with your name, grade, school, and country for a chance to get published on our blog!





Comments